|Carowinds Intimidator Roller Coaster © Katrena|
Carowinds 2014 Opening Date and What's New
When is Carowinds open in 2013? Although the temperatures may seem a bit cool for the end of March, Carowinds is set to open on Friday, March 29, 2013 with an Easter Eggstravaganza on March 29, 30, and 31. Carowinds will offer a fireworks show at closing (10:00 p.m.) on Saturday, March 30, weather permitting. Carowinds will also unveil the Dinosaurs Alive! interactive educational exhibit near Planet Snoopy with the 2013 season. The cost is $5.00/person to see the dino exhibit each time you visit that area – the entrance is near the Nighthawk roller coaster. UPDATE: The Carowinds web site is now saying that 2013 Season Pass Holders can upgrade for unlimited admission to the dinosaur exhibit for $16.
|Carowinds Woodstock Gliders in Planet Snoopy © Katrena|
|Meet and Greet Peanuts Characters at Carowinds © Katrena|
|Carowinds Boomerang Bay Water Park © Katrena|
|Carowinds 2013 Season © Katrena|
Readers may also want to read Katrena's other Carowinds articles:
- Carowinds – Practical Tips for Enjoying NC/SC Amusement Park with the Kids
- 2013 Carowinds Bring a Friend Dates
- 2013 SCarowinds Dates at Carowinds
- Favorite Family Rides at Carowinds – Top 5 Picks
- Roller Coasters for Kids at Planet Snoopy in Carowinds
- Boomerang Bay at Carowinds – Fun for Kids of All Ages
- How Tall Do You Have to Be to Ride the Intimidator?