|First Flight Adventure Park in Nags Head, NC © Katrena|
|High Ropes Course at NC Outer Banks © Katrena|
|Safety Equipment for First Flight High Ropes Course at OBX © Katrena|
|Unusual Things to do at the Outer Banks in NC © Katrena|
|First Flight Adventure Park in OBX © Katrena|
|Safety First at First Flight in Nags Head © Katrena|
|Sam Giving Safety Demonstration at First Flight Adventure Park - notice the signs you can see from the road © Katrena|
|Safety Instructions Prior to Going on Ropes Course © Katrena|
|Ropes Course Set up Like Hurricane Categories © Katrena|
|Fun Ways to Get Exercise with the Family © Katrena|
|Tips for Enjoying First Flight Adventure Park in OBX © Katrena|
|Hardest Levels at at the Top - the Kayak was Rough for Me! © Katrena|
|Easier Ropes Courses are on Lower Levels © Katrena|
|Zip Line Back to the Tower to Start the Next Course © Katrena|
|Observation Deck with Ropes Course in Sight at First Flight © Katrena|
|Nice Layout of Ropes Course in Outer Banks © Katrena|
- Read the web site carefully - don't expect them to fudge on height and weight requirements. I think they do change a few of the obstacles occasionally, but what we saw on the web site was a pretty good indication of what we saw on the course.
- Ensure that everyone is wearing comfortable clothing in which they can bend and reach easily. Those participating in the course must wear closed toe and closed heel shoes.
- Bring water bottles - they can be left in the tower. This is a physically challenging course. The Outer Banks can get really hot during summer months, and you can expect those participating to sweat.
- People who are physically fit will probably enjoy the course the most, but others can choose to stay on easier levels.
- Off season and cooler weather was great for us - it wasn't very crowded and the cooler weather felt great.
- Participants might want to watch someone go through a course before going out to see what works and what doesn't work.
- Look toward the tower and ask a guide for tips if you get to a place that looks challenging. If I had done that, I probably would not have fallen out of the kayak! Everyone was very supportive of those struggling on any of the obstacles. And if a person absolutely cannot finish a course, they do have safety measures in place to help get someone off the course.
- Congratulate anyone in your group who does the course, no matter how far they go. It doesn't have to be a competition - it can simply be fun and an opportunity to encourage yourself and others.
|One Photo Opportunity is in the Middle of the Heart © Katrena|
|High Ropes Course in Nags Head, NC © Katrena|
|Adventures in NC Outer Banks © Katrena|
- North Carolina Outer Banks - Ahhh...the Atlantic Ocean Beach!
- The Lost Colony Outdoor Drama in Roanoke NC
- North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island - Fun, Interactive, Creative!
- Nags Head Woods Preserve - Are You Sure We're This Close to Civilization?
- Wright Brothers National Memorial in North Carolina
- Jockeys Ridge State Park - One Heckuva Sand Dune!
- Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel Review
- The Christmas Shop and General Store - Manteo, Outer Banks, NC
|First Flight Adventure Park Ropes Course in Nags Head, Outer Banks of NC © Katrena|